Hello there. I am so glad that you have come into my playful, simplicity seeking space. I have always had an entrepreneuar’s mind with an educator’s heart. I am a nature loving mama of a sweet little girl(3 years) and a boy (born August 2018). I am also a lucky wife to my college sweetheart, Zach and have two lovable dogs,
When I’m not playing with the kids, I sneak in some work. I believe that childhood should be cherished, dirt is meant to be played in and songs are meant to be sung.
I research, I consult and I pour my heart into helping others learn mindful ways to help their little ones play and grow. My focus is on helping families create a happy home through gentle habit formation, play-based learning and minimalism.
We pull from many different influences to create the home environment that we have. My husband and I have found ourselves saying the phrase, “Everything is on the table, right?” before we jump into a conversation. We generally are very Charlotte Mason based but pull influence from forrest schools, Waldorf and most importantly the wisdom of our parents and grandparents.
- Master’s degree in Behavioral Disorders, specializing in Positive Behavior Support
- Undergrad in Special Education, K-12 Certified
- Taught Special Education, Kindergarten-2nd Grade
- Founded/Ran an Academic Coaching and Education Consulting Company in Tampa,FL
- Coordinator and Founder of Playful By Design Co., a community of mindful parents embracing play and simplicity
- Director of Roots+Wings Playschool in Greenville, SC (Launch August 2017)
- Facebook Group Play-Based Greenville
- Advocate and local co-leader of Wild+Free
- Children & Nature
- Minimalist Movement
- Simplicity Parenting
- Wild+Free Community
- Charlotte Mason Education (Primarily the focus on reading beautiful living books)
- Waldorf Education (Primarily the Family Rhythms Component)
- The Peaceful Preschool
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for joining the Playful By Design Community. I am truly grateful for every one of you.